Nate and I both have full-time jobs outside of photography. We have an 8-year-old daughter that is the center of our universe. Nearly every free moment that we have outside of work or family time is spent trying to reach out and connect with our photography clients. We want to become friends on a level that far exceeds the typical vendor-client relationship. Having a good friendship with our couples helps with planning, and makes for a better engagement session, and wedding day photography experience. Getting to know each other creates a higher level of comfort that allows our photos to reveal true relationships and personalities. We want to hear about your favorite things to do together, your like and dislikes, and your dreams for the future! We even want to hear your silly jokes... and we definitely won't spare you ours!
Here are a few fun things that we want to share in hopes that you will feel a bit closer to us.
Nate and Jessi:
- We are CRAZY about coffee (as you may have been able to tell by the photo). No, really... we have a coffee pot, french press, Keurig, espresso machine, and one of those cold brew setup thingies. Our kitchen is a bit overrun by coffee machines but we wouldn't have it any other way.
- Nate and I love getting outdoors. We hike, bike, snowboard, camp, and just about anything that will get us some fresh air.
- We are ENGAGED!!! Detailed (and sappy) proposal story to come!
- Nate is the business brains of Nate and Jessi Photography. He went to Sac State for accounting, has his CPA license and is now an internal auditor by day. I would likely be a mess without his detailed (and somewhat OCD) organization skills.
- He HATES mustard. (Yuck!)
- His favorite part of photographing a wedding is finding the best light, pose and position to make a bride look amazing for her portraits. He doesn't even hesitate to strike a pose to demonstrate the look (which usually produces lots of giggles from the bridesmaids).
- I studied animal science at UC Davis and now work for a wonderful non-profit that studies treatments for diseases like cancer and diabetes. I often listen to scientific podcasts in the shower and may or may not still read my old science textbooks for fun.
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dogs. I may be a bit of an introvert but I can strike up a conversation with any dog I meet!
- I often find myself a bit teary behind my camera when our couples read their vows at the ceremony. By the time we photograph a couple's ceremony, we have spent a significant amount of time together, shared many laughs and sometimes heartfelt conversations. When the ceremony happens, I feel genuinely connected to the couple and I can't help but well up with emotion as the entire precess of documenting their engagement comes to this one priceless moment. Call me sappy but that moment is why I will photograph weddings for as long as I am able.